CMHA COACHING EVALUATION FORM
TEAM AND COACHES RESOURCES
CMHA is always looking for enthusiastic, qualified individuals with strong leadership and teaching skills to coach the CMHA teams at all levels. Those individuals interested in coaching can contact the CMHA Executive for more details. A completed CMHA Coaching/Volunteer Application
and RCMP security/background check are required. Review the Team and Coaches Resources
page for additional coaching resources and information. CMHA supports and funds our coaches ongoing education and development.
CMHA COACHES GUIDELINES
- Minor hockey is developmental hockey. Our objective as coaches is to provide athletes at all levels with the instruction and the opportunity to develop their hockey skills (skating, puckhandling, passing, shooting, goaltending) and their hockey smarts (team play, positioning, offensive / defensive responsibilities, specific situation strategies) in a positive sport environment that builds and encourages teamwork, enthusiasm, hard work, and character, both on and off the ice.
- Coaches set a positive example by displaying respect for players, opponents, officials, parents and the game of hockey when coaching, competing, winning and losing with class, both on and off the ice.
- Coaches are on time. Show up at the rink early enough to be ready to go at least 5 -10 minutes before the scheduled practice or game, so the players know the practice / game plan and you have time to complete a thorough warm-up.
- Coaches are privileged to coach Cougar hockey and endeavour to coach the Cougar teams with pride and class.
- Ultimately, regardless the competitive level of play, coaches need to make sure Cougar Hockey players have fun playing the great game of hockey.
If you are interested in volunteering for any team positions, such as Manager, Treasurer or any other CMHA position, you can fill in the registraiton form as well. CMHA understands that most parents are prepared to volunteer in some capacity; a good rule of thumb is that each family should take on at least one role. The Team Manager will help coordinate at the beginning of the season for the various positions – such as running the clock or jersey care.
- Positions still available are the Female Hockey Coordinator and the Player Development Coordinator. If interested contact Darrell Rinas at 306-222-8396.
2021-22 COACHING and TEAM STAFF REQUIREMENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE
2021 SMHA Coaching clinic schedule and further info from HockeySask can be found by clicking here.